On the drive into Boone, NC.
The girls waking up to mountain views and cool mountain air. : )
Our cabin and view.
A sweet little farm on the drive up to the cabin.
We decided to be a little spontaneous this weekend and headed for the mountains. It's the only weekend we have free until Thanksgiving, so we took advantage of it!
I spent quite a bit of time fretting that all of the leaves would still be green. According to the "fall foliage predictor" we would be early. But, I had seen some sky cam views of the mountains, tracked the temps for the week prior and felt otherwise. Chad had a good time teasing me about this because (I am not lying) we hit the mountains at peak color. It was a-mazing. Our time there renewed my love for the Virginia/North Carolina range. I am not sure we will always live in a place where we can drive to the beach or drive to the mountains. So, seize the day!
