.

HE LIFTED ME OUT OF THE SLIMY PIT, OUT OF THE MUD AND MIRE; HE SET MY FEET UPON A ROCK AND GAVE ME A FIRM PLACE TO STAND. -PSALM 40:2


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Big Moves in Illinois

Before I go on and on about what a great trip to Illinois I had and how proud of my dad I am...let me just stop and tell you this is my brother.  And, this is what he wore when he picked Jackie and I up at the airport.  And, let me just tell you I almost self-induced an asthma attack laughing hysterically at his little getty-up.  I mean, for real.  He is wearing a silk bomber jacket from the 1996 Summer Olympics.  I wish you could have seen him work it. Work it, I say.  I saw him from 250 yards away sashaying up to the terminal.  I think it was the light catching on the strands of brightly colored billowing silk worn by a 6 foot 4 inch man which first caught my eye.     



Okay, on to the ceremony.  This is my dad's brother John and my aunt Barrie.  Aren't they just the cutest couple?


Mike changed and was looking quite nice here with Jackie in blue.


Mom and Dicky looking happy.



Dad getting official and being inaugurated as Millikin's 14th president.  : )



That's dad's hat.


Me and my dad.


Life was never boring with Mike as a brother.






If you can't beat 'em...


My lovely momma.


And one last shot of John, Barrie & I.  

Kudos to Chad for holding down the fort while I traveled two weekends in a row!  Thanks babe!  

Posted by Picasa