.

HE LIFTED ME OUT OF THE SLIMY PIT, OUT OF THE MUD AND MIRE; HE SET MY FEET UPON A ROCK AND GAVE ME A FIRM PLACE TO STAND. -PSALM 40:2


Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Julianna Marie Turns Four!

Happy Birthday Flowers from Daddy.

Ava was very patient, kind, and understanding of all the fuss over Julianna. She was just really happy for her sister. Big sister was also good to share her bounty with Ava. : )

On Friday, her real birthday. Opening presents from mom, dad, and Ave.
The best-ever present for princess lovers...Target sells a Disney princess pack of seven Barbie Disney Princesses...OMGoodness!

Little Birthday display with cake, photo, and scrapbooks. Since Julianna has food allergies, I always make the cake myself. (I also really like to do it!) I bought the cake kit (turrets, frame, and figures) from our favorite grocery store. I found some simple instructions online on how many layers to bake (with a few minor adjustments on my part) and I sorta winged the icing. All in all, I was very happy with the result. The hardest part was making the roses. I didn't have instructions for those. But, I had a vague visual on using a thin dowel rod and building the flower from the inside out. So, that's what I did! : )

There she is, our princess, amidst her kindred. ; )


Just before the big par-tay on Saturday.
Jules had a fabulous birthday. It was really terrific. We spent her actual birthday prepping for the party. The anticipation is quite often just as good as the real thing. : ) These are the few photos I have from the whole event including Saturday. Thankfully, my friend Saletha spent much of the party snapping shots and is making me a disk! : ) How awesome is she?! : ) So I will post those soon. : )