.

HE LIFTED ME OUT OF THE SLIMY PIT, OUT OF THE MUD AND MIRE; HE SET MY FEET UPON A ROCK AND GAVE ME A FIRM PLACE TO STAND. -PSALM 40:2


Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Beach



Salty ocean air.



Sandy toes.


Diggin'.


Scoopin'.


Makin' Memories.




Dancin'.

Smashin'.


Writin'.

Wigglin'.


Buildin' Sandcastles.


Climbin' Treehouses.


Swingin'.



The photos above and below were taken a few weeks ago. We had the opportunity to vacation just outside of Hilton Head, SC. It was a lovely, lovely time with my side of the family. My Grandma, Uncle Dicky, Uncle John, Aunt Barrie, Mom and Dad were all there. We stayed in a huge guest house dad picked out. I spent part of the vacation taking design tips from the interiors. Low-country chic is what they called it, I think. : )

One of the best memories, though there are too many to choose from, was a day at the beach the girls and I shared with my mom. It was about 75 degrees with a ever so slight breeze from the water. It was sunny without a cloud in the sky. The girls played in the sand for hours and hours. They built castles, wrote letters and shapes and names in the sand, we dipped our toes in the chilly water and warmed them back on the shore. Oh. It. Was. Fabulous. Sometime during the cold winter I will close my eyes and remember this wonderful day. : )