"This is just a beautiful movie. It's really just fabulous." (describing Barbie: Diamond Castle)
"That rarely happens."
(said to me when I asked her not to wrestle with Ava because "that's when people get hurt.")
"Moved away? Cinderella got married to the Prince and moved away? But...she will really miss her dad if she moves away. And he will really miss her. He will be so sad. (Jules is quiet for a moment) She just can't move away."
(said to me in a very concerned tone after I told her the Cinderella story before she went to sleep. How sweet is that?)
"The grass looks really nice Dad." (said as she danced around in the grass just after Chad mowed)
"Ava, you're too cute for your own good." : )
"Forty eight, forty nine...Fifty!" (over heard for the first time, Jules independently counting to fifty, by herself, in her room...I now have it documented in case it never happens again. ; )
"My name is not Julianna anymore. It's 'Lucy.' And she is not Ava. Her name is 'Snowflake.'"
Then as I give Ava's name at the pharmacy drive thru, I hear a voice screaming from the backseat, "Her name isn't Ava! IT'S SNOWFLAKE!"
"Tell me the story about Uncle Mike when he...
...put lipstick all over your favorite doll when he was supposed to be sleeping...
or
...used to climb on the roof of the house in Kentucky...
or
...when he took the canoe out into the lake when you lived in Florida and there were alligators in that lake...
or
....when he took a bite out of the big piece of cheese, threw it in your lap, and told you to go put it away...and that made you mad mommy...
or
...how Uncle Mike liked to dress as whatever character he was playing...like a fireman, or ninja turtle, or Johnny Appleseed...
or
...just tell me any of those Uncle Mike stories..." : )
(and I said to her, "How much time do you have?" : )