- My wonderful hubby turned 31 today! Happy Birthday Sweets!
- Chad entertained Julianna and Ava tonight by pretending to talk on the phone. Julianna would make the phone "ring" and Chad would pick it up. "Hello...You want to talk to my daughter...NO boys calling allowed! Good-bye!" They thought it was hilarious. Of course Chad had many, many versions of how such a phone conversation would go. He's getting an early start on his practice.
- Chad also entertained the girls by creating his own rhymes. It was cutting and pasting at it's best. "Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater had some food that he couldn't feed her and he kept his garden very well." That was my personal favorite.
- We did yard work today. Chad really. We are hoping to ward off our landlady (arg) from docking us points (aka, dollars) on move-out day. We have this darn oak tree that drops acorns upon acorns upon acorns. All in all we've been very good to the house and we shouldn't have any problems with landlady. But that doesn't mean we won't.
- Our closing date is just around the corner...yahoo! Mom is coming to help with the girls...yahoo! (I am also hoping she makes her awesome spaghetti again. I am not sure what she did to it last time...but it was SO good. She's the best, best, best cook I have ever known. There is nothing she makes I don't love.)
- The girls got new car seats last week and are loving them to pieces. They are super comfy. We were in sore need of new ones! Thank You Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa!
- One of the reasons I am anxious about getting into the house is because I feel like I have been neglecting the education portion of my parenting. I know my kids are 1 and 3...but still. I have been fairly lax about teaching anything really. They've been super-troopers as I've carted them around to the lumber yard, the brick store, the paint store, lighting, etc etc etc. I can't wait to have some normalcy.
- Also on that note...I've been a little worried about Ava's walking. She has almost no interest in it. Climbing? She would climb up a tree if we let her. But when I stand her up to walk...she's just not comfortable with it. When I hold her fingers to help her steady, she walks but looks fairly akward. All her milestones are tracking wonderfully. And I know that it is perfectly normal for kids to wait as long at 15 to 18 months. Still. You know how it is. : )
.
HE LIFTED ME OUT OF THE SLIMY PIT, OUT OF THE MUD AND MIRE; HE SET MY FEET UPON A ROCK AND GAVE ME A FIRM PLACE TO STAND. -PSALM 40:2
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Peter the Pumpkin Eater
Odds & Ends