- "Momma, sit down. I need uh have a conver-station wif you."
- "It's like uh competition momma. A competition." (As she is kicking the soccer ball down the hall)
- "Oh momma. You look so pwetty! I like dat pwetty dress you momma! Pin around."
- "My toes are creaming (screaming) momma! Fix it." (Her socks had gotten a bit scruntched at the end)
- "I ex-uh-size a bit mom. In uh few mints. I be right back, mom." Jules walks over to my 5 lb hand weights and lifts one. "Two, free, fo, five, six, seven...dat's good. (Sigh) I tretch on mat. Cue me." (as she motions for me to scoot out of the way! : )
- "We say 'Happy Burfday uh Aunt Kimmie.' I sit in hall. I hiding. I not be cared (scared) Say 'surprise!' Kimmie says 'oh!' Her 'prised!" (Julsie makes a surprise gasp sound and then chuckles, puts her hands on her cheeks in a surprised expression, and then laughs)
- As we pulled into grocery store parking lot (our last stop for the day), I said "Here we are." Julianna said, "Grocery store! We get milk and... i-cream and... pancake mix and... cerweal and...some begetables." The funny thing about that was I told her back at home what we were going to get maybe twice. We had shopped for two hours at Target and Michael's before getting to the grocery store. And, I had actually forgotten that I wanted to get pancake mix! : )
- The other night we had a big family dinner and Julianna hugged and kissed each person good-night before we left. Thirteen kisses and thirteen hugs. Just as Chad was carrying her out to the car she said, "Wait dah-ee. I not say good-bye Aunt Kelly. Where Kelly?" Kelly had gone into the other room for a minute. How sweet was that?! She not only remembered exactly who she hadn't said good-bye to, she wanted to make sure she gave her a hug and a kiss!
Okay. So after I taught for five years, I swore that I would never be one of those "My Child Is Genius Parents." However (I know that this will come as a HUGE shock to you) My child is, in fact, the smartest kid in the entire universe. Just in case you wanted to know.