.

HE LIFTED ME OUT OF THE SLIMY PIT, OUT OF THE MUD AND MIRE; HE SET MY FEET UPON A ROCK AND GAVE ME A FIRM PLACE TO STAND. -PSALM 40:2


Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Good News & The Bad News

1. The Good News: We had a wonderful 70th birthday surprise party for Chad's grandma last weekend. She was totally surprised and the expression on her face was priceless! Everyone had a ton of fun. Julianna got to see Courtney and hung on her leg the entire evening. : ) Which made Courtney feel very special. : )

The Bad News: Julianna caught a chest cold. She catches a cold or virus every time we have a large family gathering. Is she just so sensitive to this type of thing? I don't know. But, it's aggravating and my mother bear fur gets a bit ruffled.

The Good News: Jules is handling the cold really well. She's been coughing a lot but the breathing treatments help a lot. Hopefully by tomorrow the worst will be gone.

2. The Good News: Ava had an excellent 2 month check-up. She's a healthy 12 1/2 lbs (70 %ile) and (90 %ile in height).

The Bad News: Ava has eczema. Yeap. She's exactly the same age as Jules when she started spotting. It's in all the same places and it looks exactly the same. Ugh and double Ugh.

The Good News: Maybe it won't be as bad this time around. It's not as much of a shock, I know the routine, I have the medicines. If the skin condition continues on into childhood and adulthood the two sisters will be able to support each other. It might be kind of aggravating for one to have perfect skin and the other to have trouble, you know.

The Bad News: Ava had to get shots and since I was running late, Jules had to come with instead of going over to my mother-in-law's. Jules screamed "NNNNNOOOOO!" until she turned red...then purple as her sister was stuck with the needle (four times!). She jumped out of the chair and pointed her finger at the nurse, "Stop it! Stop it! Leave her 'lone! Ava!" It was just about all I could do to keep it together. One, because Ava was screaming. Two, because Julianna was screaming.

The Good News: Julianna was displaying protective qualities for her little sister. She wanted to protect and care for her. It's something that is hard to teach. I am glad she already has them. AND, now I know better.

3. The Bad News: We have a ton on our plate right now. Many things to do. Many unknowns. For a list maker and struggling perfectionist it's hard to have so many balls to juggle.

The Good News: Chad and I (after only one fight : ) are on the same page. We have a list, a plan, and we're moving (literally) in the same direction. : ) More on that later.