

(Thanks to Aunt Jackie for taking these special pics!)
As we are nearing the end of our second pregnancy (40 weeks on the 10th!), I have stopped many times to think about the last (almost) three years Julianna has been in our lives. She can only be described as delightful. A child truly full of joy. My Jules made me a mother, a special bond I savor every day. She's taught me so many things about myself, tested my weaknesses, made me contemplate the world through a completely new lens, and in every way fulfilled one of the most important jobs I will ever have.
We greatly rejoiced with the news of a second child and a second girl. Chad and I think it's so neat that Jules and Ava will each have a sister. We've marveled at how Julianna's little personality has unfolded and almost can't stand the wait in meeting Ava Grace. No doubt there will be changes and new challenges. Yet, we are ready to embrace them as we are ready to embrace our little baby. We know Julianna will thrive in "oldersisterhood." She is so very social and taken with other children and babies. Infant crying poses a mild challenge. Perhaps because of Julsie's deep sensitivity and empathy for apparent hurt in others. We've been working on this and will only continue to help her understand how that whole crying thing works.
There are so many things I will try differently this time. I will be less rigid in routine and rules and try to be more common sense minded. I will experiment with nightime sleep, naps, and feeding. I will allow myself time alone and remember to date my most wonderful husband. Many things will stay the same. My goal will be to nurse for one year. I will plan healthy, homemade meals. I will enjoy each day fully. (Especially the ones where we just stay home!). I will be thankful for the good health and blessings we have instead of being sad about our challenges. And, I will live for the moment we're in and give thanks for the opportunity to spend every hour of every day with my two children. It's time spent with them that I will never regret taking.