.

HE LIFTED ME OUT OF THE SLIMY PIT, OUT OF THE MUD AND MIRE; HE SET MY FEET UPON A ROCK AND GAVE ME A FIRM PLACE TO STAND. -PSALM 40:2


Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Home Sweet Home


It's been a wonderful first few days home. We checked out of the hospital on Saturday afternoon and headed north for home. Julianna came to pick her new sis' up at the hospital. But with all the excitement a' brewing, she fell asleep in the car and wouldn't budge. So, we brought Ava down and put her in the seat. Just then Jules woke up. Now, normally this would be a bad thing. Julianna doesn't usually wake up in a good mood so I was bummed because I thought she would throw a fit. To my very pleasant surprise she blinked and broke into a HUGE smile. "Baby. (Giggle, giggle) Baby sis-uh? Sis-uh Ava?" (more smiles and giggles) It was beyond precious. We videotaped the whole interaction and it's unforgettable. I can't wait until the girls watch it when they're older and can appreciate the tenderness a big sister has for her little sister. The whole way home Julianna talked about Ava. "Take Ava home. Take her out. I rock her." (making the baby rocking motion with her arms) Several days later, she is still quite taken with her. She hasn't exhibited any signs of jealousy, either. Yet, that is.