.

HE LIFTED ME OUT OF THE SLIMY PIT, OUT OF THE MUD AND MIRE; HE SET MY FEET UPON A ROCK AND GAVE ME A FIRM PLACE TO STAND. -PSALM 40:2


Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Z-O-O

Brave girl. Ava wasn't quite sure what to think of the merry-go-round...especially when it started moving and her horse started shaking. Then, of course, came the music and the spinning. She sat with a gaping mouth and eyes quickly shifting back and forth. I knew we were teetering on the brink of magical fun and hysteria. But with each lap she seemed to relax. And although she never cracked a full smile, on the fourth time around she did turn and give me a small albeit brief grin. Meanwhile Julianna and dad opted for the lovely sleigh securely fixed to the merry-go-round floor and with a clear view of mom and Ava. : )


Watching those noisy monkeys.


Honestly, the monkeys were hilarious. There was an obvious love triangle going on (no, not that kind Jackie). At the height of the brouhaha was a HUGE monkey show-down. This included all of the requisite head bobbing, teeth showing, and "your momma" jokes three monkeys could muster.

Fun for the whole family.

"I like this little elephant. He is not so stinky like those other elephants."


Aren't we so cute?

So, as you can see...we had a very fun and very spontaneous trip to the zoo. We made the trek to one of my old hoods this weekend. Mom, dad, and I visited this zoo nearly every week when I was Julianna's age. It's really special to take my girls back to a place I loved so much (even though it's not quite the same without the polar bears). ; )