The little town in the fjords where my grandfather grew up.
Mom and Dad's house. They bought this house from a relative several years ago and have been remodeling it ever since. We've only seen photos but I can't wait to visit, eat fresh bread with fresh jam at the kitchen table, ride the bikes, hike, and pick blueberries.
When mom came to help us get well she brought her camera and all the lovely photos of her travels from the past year. I loaded them all onto my computer and have been living vicariously through she and my dad via online photos for the past week. : ) Yes. I am posting photos of someone else's vacation on my blog. : ) I've been missing Norway a lot lately. Perhaps because I haven't been since the girls were born. Or perhaps because it seems further away since the girls were born. It's a place I love and is very dear to my heart. I miss our family. I miss the landscape. I miss the food. I miss all those little special things about this fantastic little country. Being part of an immigrant family really shaped me growing up. It changed the way I look at the world and I how I look at myself in the world.