.

HE LIFTED ME OUT OF THE SLIMY PIT, OUT OF THE MUD AND MIRE; HE SET MY FEET UPON A ROCK AND GAVE ME A FIRM PLACE TO STAND. -PSALM 40:2


Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Florida Vacation



This is Grandma, Grandad, and Dicky's church. It's my favorite church to visit. Maybe because it's the closest thing to a home church for me. I grew up in this church, went to school here early on, and have come back to visit for the past thirty-one years. It's beautiful, calm, airy, and the people always welcome me. They remind me of all the ways I've changed and all the ways I've stayed the same.





Jules and Grandma J





I love this picture.





Grandad and Julsie



This was so sweet for me. Grandma was a key figure in my learning to swim. She's so gentle and caring here with Jules. Just what my girl needed.


Grandma and Ava



Splishin' and a splashin'


This was my favorite place in the pool when I was little, too. The first step. It was perfect. Safe. Yet, still completely in the pool.



Ava and Mommy



Ava loves the pool!


Happy swim dance!

Jules looks up to her daddy so much. She even turned her sun glasses around (she prefers to wear them upside down mostly) to be like dad.


The tousled, wind-blown, natural look.

Mormor and Ava

Kirsten and Jules