This passed weekend Chad and I were fortunate enough to get away for a second honeymoon to the east coast. We spent four days and three nights in Charleston/Kiawah Island, SC. The trip was beyond phenomenal. It was our first vacation away from the girls. Chad's parents were gracious enough to come all the way from Missouri to stay with Julianna and Ava. If they had not come, there would have been no way we could have gone. Words cannot express how thankful we are to them for giving us this time! THANK YOU GRANDMA & GRANDPA! YOU ROCK!
.
The Sanctuary might be the nicest place I have ever been. Chad and I felt like royalty and have had a difficult time transitioning back into peasant life. No one is pouring lobster bisque over tarragon marshmallows for my dinner appetizer. No one is offering me refreshments before my afternoon massage. I am not sure when I will spend $65 on dry-aged filet mignon again. And, no one will be turning down the sheets with rose petals tonight. : ) Then again...Ava did kiss me nine times before bed and told me she loved me "lots." Julianna did wake me up this morning and asked to snuggle for thirty minutes before getting up. Chad and I will fall asleep laughing and telling stories like we do most nights. Tomorrow we will finish up a lovely lemony Father's Day dessert. And oh, you should have seen how they ran out to us when we pulled into the driveway on Saturday night. No matter where you live or who you are...that's pretty tough to beat.
.
More anniversary nostalgia to come in the next few posts. : )