- While grocery shopping an elderly lady came up to Julianna and asked, "How old are you?" Julianna responded, "Four." I looked at her and said, "Four?" "I'n kidn'. I'n two." she said trying to hold up two fingers. (Crack me up!)
- Later on the same trip, Julianna waved at an elderly gentleman. He didn't see her. She said, "Hi!" He didn't respond. We passed him and she yelled in a stern voice, "HEY, HEY I'n talking to you!" Nice. : )
- Often times I spell words I don't want Jules to hear right away like (ice cream, nap, park, grandma's house, trip, library, etc...) While I was talking to Chad on the phone the other day I said, "We are going on a little t-r-i-p." Julianna was busily playing across the room with her toys when I heard her say, "T-ah-i-p." I talked some more then spelled another word. Again, she tried to repeat the spelling. It was absolutely hilarious!
- When you have a toddler they tend to repeat words that you say quite frequently. I've learned that I say "Actually, Probably, & Sorry" a whole lot! ("Can I watch tv? Probwe not." OR "Who dat noise? It Ava actwee." OR "I dropped crayons Mom. Sahree.")
- She does a terrific impression of me talking on the cell phone, she even paces the room and shushes me.
- She's gotten darn good at harmonizing with Chad when he sings goodnight songs to her. He leaves her door open so I can hear down the hall. Precious.
- But, my favorite is when she is loving to Ava. She just adores her little sister and always has a kind word or gesture for her (sometimes it's a hyper/kind gesture but, always kind). She climbed onto the couch today while I was feeding her and said, "I tuggle wiff you an Ava. (Kisses Ava on the head) Ava is a berry sweet girl. You're berry sweet. I miss you. I love you Ava."
.
HE LIFTED ME OUT OF THE SLIMY PIT, OUT OF THE MUD AND MIRE; HE SET MY FEET UPON A ROCK AND GAVE ME A FIRM PLACE TO STAND. -PSALM 40:2
Friday, April 13, 2007
Laughable
Julianna keeps Chad and I laughing and our hearts warm. Often times we look at each other and ask, "What did she say?!" Here are some as of late: